🙂 Canoe Hire is open again! 🙂
Following recent announcements made by the Government, British Canoeing and The Canal and River Trust, we are delighted to be restarting our canoe hire from 30th May 2020 (taking bookings now). We know a lot of you have been dying to get back on the water. So now is your chance! There will be a restricted service, so make sure you call as soon as possible to book. (01354 658737)
It is also important that you know how we are adapting things to make it safe for both you and us, so check out our ‘Covid Secure’ protocols below:
What we are doing different:
- Thoroughly sanitising the gunwales, seats, ropes, paddles and buoyancy aids before and after use.
- Giving you the usual briefing – but from 2m away 🙂
- Minimising the number of boats going out each day to avoid crowding
- Avoiding unnecessary contact on arrival – by taking payment in advance by phone and emailing terms for agreement.
We ask you to:
- Only canoe with members of your own household.
- Follow instructions at all times, especially social distancing requirements.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser (and other PPE if you want to of course)
- Acknowledge agreement to our terms by replying to our email before arrival.
- Be confidently mobile as we have had to adapt how we hold the boat to get you on and off. Our mooring is fairly low so stepping in is generally easy and we are still able to steady the canoe for you.
Canoe hire for 2 hour, half day or full day periods. There are 26 miles of calm easy waters to enjoy. Please note that canoes are available on a pre booking basis only, so call us to arrange (01354658737) Available from beginning of April to end of September.
Prices are based on up to 3 people in a canoe. £25 for 2 hours, £40 for half day (4 hours), £70 for a full day (8 hours).
Our Mackinaw Canadian style canoes give you a lovely way to experience the Fen’s waterways. They are easy to steer for two people and as long as you can swim, have good mobility and are up for some gentle exercise it is a lovely way to spend a few hours. Equipped with cool box, you can bring a pack lunch, cold drinks and a camera. Paddle into the town of March, share a chat with other river users, stop for a picnic or fish. We supply buoyancy aides, paddles and instruction on how to use them safely and off you go.
There are the usual terms and conditions you would expect to find in an activity like this, so take a few minutes to check them out.