Following recent announcements made by the Government, British Canoeing and The Canal and River Trust, we are delighted to be restarting our canoe hire from 30th May 2020 (taking bookings now). We know a lot of you have been dying to get back on the water. So now is your chance! There will be a restricted service, so make sure you call as soon as possible to book. (01354 658737)
It is also important that you know how we are adapting things to make it safe for both you and us, so check out our ‘Covid Secure’ protocols below:
What we are doing different:
- Thoroughly sanitising the gunwales, seats, ropes, paddles and buoyancy aids before and after use.
- Giving you the usual briefing – but from 2m away 🙂
- Minimising the number of boats going out each day to avoid crowding
- Avoiding unnecessary contact on arrival – by taking payment in advance by phone and emailing terms for agreement.
We ask you to:
- Only canoe with members of your own household.
- Follow instructions at all times, especially social distancing requirements.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser (and other PPE if you want to of course)
- Acknowledge agreement to our terms by replying to our email before arrival.
- Be confidently mobile as we have had to adapt how we hold the boat to get you on and off. Our mooring is fairly low so stepping in is generally easy and we are still able to steady the canoe for you.