Access and mobility
We are situated 3 miles from March town centre on a country road. There are no pavements along the roadside approaching the property. The nearest bus route is approximately 1 mile away and the nearest train station is approximately 3 miles away in March, which links with Peterborough mainline station.
Our premises are on two floors with a 5 acre camping field behind the property. Access to the property is through a double gate onto a tarmac driveway to the front of the property and leads to the camping field at the rear of the property.
- Exterior: There are two car parking spaces for bed and breakfast guests directly at the front of the property and parking for campers is on the camping field beside their camping unit. There is a single step into the property at the front door and into the lobby area for camping showers and toilets. A ramp is available to use at the front door to enable wheelchair access for bed and breakfast guests. The camping field is generally level. Care may have to be taken to watch for rabbit holes on the camping field when walking. Low level lighting is on from dusk to dawn from the camping field to the camping facilities. No lighting is provided on the camping field itself and campers are advised to bring suitable torches for moving around the camping field at night. The camping toilets and showers cubicle doorways are approx. 51″ width which each room area being marginally wider. Free standing stools with rubber feet are provided in the camping shower cubicles.
- Mooring: There are steep wooden steps that go down the river bank to the mooring that can become slippy in wet or icy weather. There is a wooden handrail on one side to assist. The mooring is 1m deep and 10m long and of wooden decking construction. Getting on and off canoes and other boats may require assistance to step in and out in order to keep balance. No wheelchair access is provided.
- B&B public areas: The bed and breakfast dining room and sitting room is on the ground floor and level. Both the dining area and hallway are carpeted and the hallway is a spacious square area suitable for several people to gather. There is a chair and writing desk available in the hallway. The dining room has one large table with high backed chairs suitable for 6 people. The guest lounge has a wooden floor with a rug, a sofa and chair with doors to the garden that has 2 steps. If guests require assistance to gain access to the garden we are very happy to help.
- Bedrooms and bathrooms: We have one double/twin room available on the ground floor serviced by a ground floor bathroom, which contains a shower inside a standard bath. The upstairs bedroom has a double and two single beds and a compact ensuite shower room. Please see the gallery page for photos of the bedrooms and bathrooms. A free standing bathroom stool with non slip feet is available on request.
- Food: We provide our bed and breakfast guests with breakfast products that are mainly locally sourced and provide alternatives for vegetarians within our menu. Please advise us of any other dietary requirements in advance and we will be happy to do our best to accommodate.